The Internet of Things (IoT) is the network of physical devices, vehicles, home appliances, and other items embedded with electronics, software, sensors, actuators, and connectivity which enables these things to connect and exchange data, creating opportunities for more direct integration of the physical world into computer-based systems, resulting in efficiency improvements, economic benefits, and reduced human exertions.
IOT involves extending Internet connectivity beyond standard devices, such as desktops, laptops, smartphones and tablets, to any range of traditionally dumb or non-internet-enabled physical devices and everyday objects. Embedded with technology, these devices can communicate and interact over the Internet, and they can be remotely monitored and controlled. With the arrival of driverless vehicles, a branch of IoT, i.e. the Internet of Vehicle starts to gain more attention.
- Students 192
- Duration4/6 week
- Skill levelall
Learning Objectives: To learn the basics of IoT. Understand IoT architecture and IoT decision framework.
- What is IoT, how does it work
- Difference between Embedded device and IoT device
- Properties of IoT device
- IoT Ecosystem
- IoT Decision Framework
- IoT Solution Architecture Models
- How IoT is Transforming Businesses
- Major IoT Boards in Market
- Explore Raspberry Pi
- Setting up Raspberry Pi
- Showing working of Raspberry Pi using SSH Client and Team Viewer
- Understand Sensing actions
- Understand Actuators and MEMS
- Programming Sense HAT Board
- Build weather station using Sense HAT and Python
- Prepare google spreadsheet for weather data collection
- Understand OpenCV
- Build a weather station using Sense HAT and store data in google sheets
- Use OpenCV for face detection, face recognition with webcam
- Types of wireless communication
- Major wireless Short-range communication devices, properties, comparison of these devices (Bluetooth, WIFI, ZigBee, 6LoWPAN)
- Major wireless Long-range communication devices, properties, comparison of these devices (Cellular IoT, LPWAN)
- Using RFID networking
- Using other networks such as WiFi and Bluetooth
- What is Cloud and its Infrastructure
- How IoT and Cloud deployment can create an effective IoT Solution
- Azure IoT Hub components
- Create Free Tier Azure Account. Explore Azure IoT hub services and other useful features
- Azure IoT Hub Service API Demo
- Register your Raspberry Pi on Azure IoT Hub
- Send and Receive messages from Raspberry Pi over Azure IoT Hub
- Create Storage account and dock a container
- View Data On-premise with Azure Storage Explorer
- Configure Web App settings for Data Visualization
- Create an End-to-End IoT solution using Python Device APIs
- Plan how to customize a solution to meet specific requirements
- Create a service bus namespace and add a queue to it
- Add an endpoint and a routing rule to your IoT hub
- Create, configure, and test a logic app
- Design your own IoT monitoring solutions with Azure services
- Data Analytics
- Edge Computing
- Azure IoT Edge
- Azure IoT Edge Components
- Azure IoT Edge Architecture
- Real-Time Analytics
- Deployment of Raspberry Pi as an Edge Device on Azure IoT Edge
- Control GPIO pins of Raspberry Pi
- Scan all the active nearby BLE Devices using Raspberry Pi
- The time interval for periodic scanning of all BLE devices.
- The time interval to act on presence/absence to avoid frequent on/off due to temporary
- Erroneous presence/absence of device.
- Control API’s of Raspberry Pi
- Tweet Text and Images from Raspberry Pi
Topics:Learning Objectives: To Configure Raspberry Pi and Program Sense HAT.
Hands On/Demo:Learning Objectives: To gain Hands-on experience by creating IoT Solutions using Raspberry Pi and Sense HAT.
Hands On/Demo:Learning Objectives: To understand various IoT Networking Protocols which can be used to develop IoT solutions.
Hands On/Demo:Learning Objectives: To enable IOT with Microsoft Azure.
Hands On/Demo:Learning Objectives: To create an IoT solution using Sensors and Raspberry Pi with Azure.
Hands On/Demo:Learning Objectives: To understand Remote Monitoring and create your own IoT solution for monitoring.
Hands On/Demo:Learning Objectives: You will understand Data Analytics and its Types, Edge Computing, IoT Edge and Deploy Edge devices and integrate with Azure IoT Edge
Hands On/Demo:Business challenge/requirement: For this project, we need to control multiple home appliances based on presence or absence of a family member. The family member will be carrying his mobile handset always with him. His mobile handset will act as Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) device. In this project, Raspberry Pi will be used as BLE device detector.Below are the challenges addressed in this project:CONSIDERATIONS:Business challenge/requirement:Mr XYZ is working as SEO and Marketing Executive for his company. He must upload the updates and events happening in his company, majorly on twitter. Being a technology enthusiast, he researched and found out that he can use Raspberry Pi in the same way he uses his computer. So, he is planning to perform his day to day tweets using Raspberry Pi and its features.For this capstone project, we will demonstrate managing and communication of Twitter API’s as and when required. Every time the python code is run the message will automatically be tweeted on the social networking site.Below are the challenges addressed in this project:
Course Name: Internet Of Things
2. Fill each and every details in the form and submit it.
3. After successful registration you will get a confirmation mail from Teach Tech Services.
2. After successful payment our team member will contact you within 3 hours.
All participants will get ISO certified Certificate of the course from Teach Tech Services in association with iSmriti, IIT Kanpur
This certificate is globally accepted.
82.65 average based on 192 ratings